Has your life become too complicated? Between telephones, cell phones, voicemail, e-mail, and text messaging, we’ve never been more accessible–and more prone to interruption. Add job and family responsibilities, and it’s enough to make you feel overwhelmed!
Here are some ways you can eliminate burnout and get back on track:
- Practice extreme self-care. When you take good care of YOU, the people and situations in your life will get the “best” of you instead of what’s left of you! Give yourself permission to make self-care a priority. Practicing self-care will show others how to love and respect you by valuing and appreciating who you are.
- Set strong boundaries and keep them. Practice saying “no” more often, especially when saying “yes” would be dishonest to yourself.
- Delegate things that need to be handled. Superheroes aren’t real! If you “have to do it all yourself”, it is time to consider help. Be willing to give up some of your control to decrease all the things on your “to-do” list. Recognize when you have a need AND ask for help (when help is available). Remember, the most successful people work with teams–they don’t succeed alone.
- Decrease and eliminate energy drains. Get rid of clutter, people, situations, and things that sap your energy. Energy drains include: everything unresolved, undone, incomplete, or avoided. Examples: clutter, unanswered correspondence/phone calls, unfinished business, repairs, unpaid bills, avoided conflicts/confrontations, negative thinking.
- Schedule fun! We all need a bit of downtime so mix some fun into your life—you’ll be much more productive!
Let the experts at Bayside Solutions help you find a rewarding workplace to reduce your stress today!